Unlockable Classes 2d
|Version:||2019.100||Requirements:||uMMORPG2d, Tools, Character Creation||Script Define:||_IMMOUNLOCKABLECLASSES|
|Core Changes:||Yes||Tutorial Video:||No|
Limits the available classes at character creation. Adds items to the game that unlock additional classes. When the item is used, the new class is unlocked for the whole account.
- [Required] Open the following script NetworkManagerMMO.cs. See Changes...
Locate this line:
Utils.InvokeMany(typeof(NetworkManagerMMO), this, "OnServerLogin_", message);
Modify to match:
Utils.InvokeMany(typeof(NetworkManagerMMO), this, "OnServerLogin_", conn, message);
- [Required] Make sure “Character Creation” AddOn is installed, up to date and fully functional. As “Unlockable Classes” AddOn depends on “Character Creation” AddOn.
- [Required] Check the scriptable object that is already contained in this AddOn and add all default classes you want to be available at the beginning of a new account.
- [Required] Locate the “NetworkManager” in your scene and assign that scriptable object to the new slot labelled with the “Unlockable Classes” header.
- [Required] Now create a new item “Unlockable Class” and assign a class prefab to it. Whenever a player uses such an item, the new class will be available on his/her account.
- [Required] When using “Auto Register Spawnables” AddOn, make sure your spawnable prefabs list is empty and all prefabs are in your Resources->Entity folder
- [Required] When not “Auto Register Spawnables” AddOn, make sure all of your player classes are added to the spawnable list of your Network Manager.
- [Required] Make sure that the amount of class buttons in the “Character Creation UI” matches the total number of classes in your game. So when there are 8 classes and only 4 default classes, you still add a total of 8 buttons. Make sure all buttons are correctly linked to the inspector of the “Character Creation UI”.
- [Required] When using UMA note that it might overwrite the changes this AddOn does to the Network Manager and Network Messages (please help yourself in that case).
- Make sure to delete the default “AddOnExample.cs” in the uMMORPG3d AddOn folder – it will cause issues (you won’t need it – ever)!
- Also make sure to re-assign your player prefabs to the default unlockable classes template, also do so everytime you update this AddOn